The Ultimate July 4th Picnic Packing Checklist
Celebrate the Fourth of July in style with our checklist for the perfect holiday picnic. Hint, this set-up works equally well in your own backyard!
THINGS TO BRING:
- Beach umbrella: Some people might not want to bring it with them to a park, but it's inexpensive and provides shade if you start your day earlier.
- Off white/taupe blanket
- Two large floor pillows that are navy and white-striped
FILL PICNIC BASKET WITH:
- Melamine plates (navy and white)
- Melamine tumblers (red, white and blue)
- Bamboo flatware (eco friendly)
- Linen napkins (navy and white)
- Two garbage bags (one for recycling)
- Also: Wine carrier, with wine in it
COOLER FILLED WITH EASY FUN FOOD:
- Lobster rolls, a traditional summertime staple food
- Cole slaw
- Gourmet cheese
COOLER FILLED WITH DRINKS:
- Blueberry juice
- Carafe of sangria
- Insect repellent
- "Mini" versions of Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Taboo, and Scattergories
- Two lanterns that you add a tea light to; they're about a foot tall. It's important to bring light, because it will get dark before the fireworks!