Spring Cleaning Checklist Made Easy
Remember that a well organized home is always prepared, whether you’re celebrating a wonderful occasion, waiting out a storm, or embarking on a leave-no-cabinet-unturned spring-cleaning. Here are some guidelines for getting your home in order:
1. Sit down and create a formal fail-safe system for paying bills, maintaining your home’s infrastructure, and cleaning in general. Mark these chores in your calendar so that you can carry them out regularly and in a timely way. I promise you will breathe easier and your home will function more efficiently.
2. At the start of every season, devote a weekend morning to storing last season’s bedding and clothing (I prefer Sundays for these chores). Plastic containers or large plastic zipper bags will allow you to pack everything on an out-of-the-way shelf in the garage or attic, or under the bed. After all, it’s no fun freezing in the winter or simmering in the summer!
3. In the spring and fall, you might need to install or remove window air conditioners, or replace storm windows with screens, or vice versa. By keeping the systems that run your home operating at high efficiently, the tasks that seem monumental won’t feel like impossible dreams.
4. Stock up! By keeping your home overflowing with basic staples (link to cupboard essentials article) and produce, beverages such as liquor, mineral water, soft drinks, Champagne and white wine on ice, you’ll be prepared for the next cause for celebration or- my favorite kind of celebration- no reason at all!
5. The most important thing at all times is to do upkeep on your home! Do whatever it takes so that if a guest moves a chair to the left, he won’t find a mini-Pompeii of dust and ashes underneath.
- 12 Creative Ways To Declutter and Destress Your Life
- Sick of Santa? Here’s How To Decorate Your Home After Christmas
- These Gift Wrapping Ideas Will Make Your Presents Even Better
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Here are Colin’s Insider Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- How To Design Your Office Like An OG Girl Boss
- 10 Stylish Ways To Give Your Home A Fall Facelift