Dream Up A Theme
You’ve invited friends to your home for breakfast, brunch, cocktails, dinner, or coffee and dessert. So why not create a distinctive theme for your get-together?
• Thanks to Oprah, book clubs are everywhere. Elevate the conversation with food plotted thematically around the novel or memoir du jour. Discussing The Grapes of Wrath will be a lot more interesting when you serve wine made from California grapes.
• Invite friends to a Champagne tasting, with each guest bringing their favorite chocolates, or splurge with two ounces o caviar and enjoy a favorite bottle of bubbly.
• Invited friends over for a scotch-tasting in the winter, with each couple bringing a single-malt scotch. Serve a savory stew on a nest of pasta or a tangy rice dish.
• Host a potluck dinner, assigning everyone a different course. Nothing could be easier, and explaining each dish serves as an instant icebreaker.
• Spend an evening in Morocco by serving a fabulous Chicken Tagine over couscous and screening Casablanca. Or take everyone on a trip to Spain with paella and the latest Pedro Almodóvar offering. Or invite friends for a grand marnier soufflé and pop a Gerard Depardieu movie into your DVD player- that way you and your guests will always have Paris!
- Sick of Santa? Here’s How To Decorate Your Home After Christmas
- These Gift Wrapping Ideas Will Make Your Presents Even Better
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Here are Colin’s Insider Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- How To Design Your Office Like An OG Girl Boss
- 10 Stylish Ways To Give Your Home A Fall Facelift
- 10 Minutes With: Mackenzie Horan of Design Darling