7 Big Ideas For Small Bathrooms
The bathroom is the first room we use in the morning and the last one we use at night, which definitely makes it one of the most important rooms in the house. To me, it’s more than just a room with a shower and sink; it’s a room where we indulge and refresh ourselves. We can try wonderful spa products and different scents and formulas of scrubs and oils for leisurely baths. We get to shave, style our hair, and leave feeling rejuvenated- and looking our very best. Here are a few drab-to-fab bathroom makeovers:
1. Soft lighting is always more flattering than harsh, bright white fluorescence. Install a dimmer switch if possible. This way you can control the light level for an efficient morning and the ambience for a romantic night.
2. Store your toothbrushes, dental floss, medicines, and other personal items inside the medicine cabinet. Have all bottles, jars, and prescriptions with labels facing out.
3. Use a decanter for mouthwash to add a dash of elegance and get rid of those unappealing plastic bottles!
4. Add sexiness by loading up on candles. They create instant atmosphere and invariably soothe your spirit.
5. Keep lots of fluffy, high-quality towels on hand. At a minimum, you should have two sets of bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, and face towels. For a casual look, you can roll and place towels in a basket or fold them neatly on a shelf.
6. Don’t clutter the counter! Accessorize it like a department store’s model bathroom. Place a cake of soap on a tray or soap dish or set out a pump dispenser in a shared powder room (it’s more convenient and hygienic than a bar of soap). Keep a bottle of hand lotion nearby. A final inspiration: Add something green to your counter (it can be as simple as a vase with a green leaf or a blooming flower).
7. A bathroom gets a lot of wear and tear. I’m constantly wiping around the cabinets and sink area, so I keep a cloth towel and some glass cleaner in a cabinet under the sink.