5 Stress-Busting Tips For Hosting At Home
The more prepared you are, the more the room will come alive, and the more welcome your guests will feel. Here’s how to make sure you’re ready for guests before the doorbell rings:
• Get it done the night before: Leave yourself with next to nothing to do the day of the party aside from putting the finishing touches on your food. Ideally, you won’t have to leave the house that day!
• Have drinks at the ready: Depending on the season or time of day, you may have set out a pitcher of lemonade or a pitcher of your favorite Chili passion Martinis or a bottle of vintage Champagne.
• Set the scene: The table should be set, the lights dimmed, and your playlist hooked up and playing.
• Appetize with appetizers: Appetizers should be ready, whether it’s an assortment of cheese, a bowl of exotic olives or nuts, or perhaps something completely unexpected and decadent, like a log of foie gras and a loaf of brioche.
• Say it with a smile: Greet your guests at the door with a huge smile! Take their coats and offer them a drink ASAP!
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Here are Colin’s Insider Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- How To Design Your Office Like An OG Girl Boss
- 10 Stylish Ways To Give Your Home A Fall Facelift
- 10 Minutes With: Mackenzie Horan of Design Darling
- Dining-Out Dilemmas & How To Solve Them
- Trend Report: Wild About Wicker & Rattan