4 Ways To Relax After A Stressful Day
It’s been a long day. You’ve spent most of it returning e-mails, making calls, running meetings and yourself absolutely ragged! The time has come to let go of work, enjoy a little downtime and recharge. Transforming the mood and energy of a house from A.M. chaos to P.M. mellow is the first step toward reconnecting with yourself. Getting back to your more relaxed self is the first step toward reconnecting with the people you love. My favorite ways to relax after a stressful day:
1. To make the shift from hectic to heavenly, appeal to all five senses. Turn down the lamps, light a candle in the bathroom, fix a drink, change your clothes and put on some music! Turn up the beat if you’re ready to have fun; wind it down if you’re looking to chill.
2. Sitting down to read a book is a true luxury. I love reading, and consider it one of the great relaxers of all time. I always have three or four books on my reading list at all times. (Whenever I read something I love, whether it’s fiction, memoir, history, or poetry, I’ll buy five or six copies and share them with friends. I get great pleasure from sharing the written word.)
3. After exercising, I take a steam, followed by a relaxing bath. Soaking in the hot water, I can feel the stress draining out of my body, and I begin to relax and recharge.
4. Finally, I love to cook. Just being in the kitchen preparing a casual meal or a complicated dessert can be equally relaxing and rewarding.
- Sick of Santa? Here’s How To Decorate Your Home After Christmas
- These Gift Wrapping Ideas Will Make Your Presents Even Better
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Here are Colin’s Insider Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- How To Design Your Office Like An OG Girl Boss
- 10 Stylish Ways To Give Your Home A Fall Facelift
- 10 Minutes With: Mackenzie Horan of Design Darling