4 Living Room Design Ideas For Any Budget
I like to think of the living room as the place where we can connect with our friends and family. I make sure that guest feels not only welcome there but also at home. Mi casa es su casa!
If life is theater, then my living room is one place where I can set the stage daily, weekly, monthly, or seasonally. To receive guests easily and comfortably:
1. A living room should ideally have one- and sometimes two- conversation areas, with the focal point being a coffee table or a fireplace. This tends to concentrate the conversation (and also makes it more fun and intimate).
2. On my coffee table, I might display a pile of books I enjoy; or a grouping of dazzling crystal candles around a low vase packed abundantly with flowers; or a tall, thin vase with a single bloom or tropical leaf. The point is to create harmony by choosing among three or four elements, such as books, candles, and a floral or decorative objet d’art.
3. Whatever mood I choose, it’s always set when my guests arrive. By lighting Candles, I can add instant ambience for everyone and everything surrounding my coffee table. And I make sure there is stiff sufficient space all around to place glasses, an ice bucket, and a tray of hors d’oeuvres.
4. I recommend that you keep personal photographs all in one place- atop the piano or a chest of drawers- but not on every single flat surface. Yes, the sight of photographs scattered everywhere can be homey and welcoming, but it can easily get out of hand. I place all my personal photos in my bedroom, library, or den.
- These Gift Wrapping Ideas Will Make Your Presents Even Better
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Here are Colin’s Insider Tips To Make Your Life Easier
- How To Design Your Office Like An OG Girl Boss
- 10 Stylish Ways To Give Your Home A Fall Facelift
- 10 Minutes With: Mackenzie Horan of Design Darling
- Dining-Out Dilemmas & How To Solve Them