Zurra- what an intriguing, exotic name. It’s a refreshing, sophisticated wine cooler, like a Portuguese version of sangria, but with white wine rather than red.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 lemons, sliced into sections
- 2 blood oranges, sliced (a regular orange can be substituted)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle chilled dry white wine
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle of sparkling water or club soda’
1. Combine the sugar, water, and half of the mint in a small saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Place the cinnamon along with the lemon, orange, and peach slivers in a large pitcher or jug. Add the wine, then the sugar mixture. Stir well, pour into glasses over ice, top each glass with 2 ounces of sparkling water or club soda, garnish with mint leaves, and serve.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017