Spinach and Risotto Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed and patted dry (2 cups, packed)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Ina large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the wine and sauté for an additional 2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, stir, and allow the mixture to simmer 10 minutes, or until the liquid starts to thicken. Stir in the spinach, 2 tablespoons of the cheese, and the salt and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 35 minutes.
Note: You can create your own original risotto casserole using my basic recipe and adding one or more of the following:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Shrimp and peas
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017