Shrimp Avocado Ritz
There’s nothing we love more than tasty shrimp during the summer season, so you can imagine our excitement when we found Colin’s delicious recipe for Shrimp Avocado Ritz, a gorgeous blend of shrimp, avocado and mouthwatering spices atop a bed of crisp iceberg lettuce. The only way this could possibly be better is with a delicious glass of wine!
Ingredients2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Dash of Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon brandy
2 tablespoons ketchup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 large avocados
1 head of iceberg lettuce
4 grapefruit segments, membranes removed
1/4 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
1 pound cooked shrimp, deveined
Preparations1. Prepare the cocktail sauce. Place the egg yolks and mustard in a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk. Gradually add the oil to the mixture, constantly whisking until it emulsifies to the consistency of mayonnaise. Add the Tabasco, brandy, ketchup, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix well. (The sauce can be stored in a covered glass container in the refrigerator for up to a week.)
2. Cut the cooked and cleaned shrimp into 1-inch cubes. Combine them with the cocktail sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Halve the avocados and remove the pits, but don’t peel. Place equal amounts of the shrimp salad in the pit hollows of the avocado halves, filling them and creating mounds.
4. Arrange beds of iceberg lettuce leaves on salad plates and place a stuffed avocado half on each. Top with a segment of grapefruit, sprinkle with paprika, and serve.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa