Colin's "Ponana Souk" Cocktail
This is a potent, refreshing, and memorable cocktail. The Amaretto gives it just a hint of that inimitable bittersweet almond flavor. It is my version of a drink I first encountered at the Ponana Souk, which was one of Los Angeles’s greatest nightclubs some years ago. As I recall, they used to down it as shots there. But I’ve made it much more palatable here by pouring it over ice.
- 2 ½ to 3 ounces Amaretto liqueur
- 10 to 12 ounces vodka
- 10 to 12 ounces peach schnapps
- 10 to 12 ounces cranberry juice
- 10 to 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
Pour all the ingredients into a pitcher and stir. Divide among 6 rocks glasses over ice with a sprig of fresh mint in each glass.