I like to think of this as a “Moroccan martini”. A couple of things to bear in mind: Always use the best-quality vodka available, and take the time to carefully cut a curlicue or swirl of orange zest to garnish the cocktail. If you like, use orange-flavored vodka. For a spicier version, you can marinate the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks in a bottle of vodka beginning at least 24 hours in advance; the spices will infuse the neutral liquor with their heady flavors.
- 12 ounces vodka
- 11/2 to 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange
1. Chill 6 martini glasses. (The best way to chill your martini glasses is to fill them with ice, top off with cold water, and let them sit for 10 minutes.)
2. Pour the vodka and vermouth into a shaker filled with ice and shake well. Strain the vodka-vermouth mixture into the chilled glasses.
3. Add a cardamom pod and a cinnamon stick to each glass, garnish wwith the orange zest, and serve.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017