Lemon Shortcake with Fresh Strawberries
Shortcake with strawberries is a quintessential spring dessert. Light and crisp lemon shortbread topped with fresh whipped cream and sweet strawberries feels decadent and healthy at the same time! If time is of the essence, store-bought shortbread can be served with whipped cream and strawberries. Below is my recipe for this delicious seasonal treat.
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream (whipped)
- 48 chilled strawberries, with leaves and stems intact
1. Place the lemon peel in a small pot of water. Bring to a boil and blanch for 30 seconds Drain and set aside.
2. Combine the sugar, butter, salt, and flour in a food processor with the metal blade in place Run machine until a ball forms. Add the peel and run for 5 seconds. Remove the dough, pat into a disk, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour.
3. To bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Cut the dough into 3 pieces. On a lightly floured board, roll out each to form 9 x 6-inch rectangles. With a spatula, transfer to baking sheets. Pierce all over with a fork and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
5. With a small spatula, spread whipped cream over each pastry shell. Arrange the berries in rows over the cream and serve immediately or chill.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017