Holiday Sausage and Mixed Nut Stuffing Recipe
- 2 large bags, or 3 boxes dried bread stuffing or seasoned bread croutons
- 8 TB (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped (1-2 large) yellow onion
- 2 TB finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots (peel before chopping)
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1 cup toasted almond slivers
- 3 TB dried sage
- 1 lb. pork sausage meat, uncooked
- 4 cups chicken stock
1. Place bread or croutons for stuffing in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a large pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, celery, carrots and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5-6 minutes. Add to bowl of bread with remaining ingredients, except chicken stock. Stir and toss ingredients, breaking up sausage into small chunks as you go.
3. Add 3 cups chicken stock and stir in until well mixed. Add 1 more cup of stock and stir well. If the mixture seems too dry, add more stock, until desired moistness is reached.
4. Stuff turkey to capacity and bake according to directions for turkey. Place remaining stuffing in a buttered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees F, until golden brown and crispy on top.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017