Grilled Vegetables With Shallot-Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette
There’s nothing quite as straightforward and delicious as grilled fresh vegetables. I think too many people forget this option when they’re barbecuing outdoors in the summer: they make the mistake of trying to prepare something more elaborate in the kitchen, and they’re caught juggling too many balls in the air at once.
- 6 Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 6 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 12 scallions (2 bunches)
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
- ½ Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shallot-lemon-soy vinaigrette (recipe follows)
1. Brush the vegetables with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on a preheated grill and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until slightly soft but still crunchy and marked by the grill.
2. Cut each of the vegetables into three sections, place them in a bowl or on a serving platter, drizzle with some shallot-lemon-soy vinaigrette, and serve.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and shallots in a small mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017