Fabulous Recipe: Fresh Watermelon, Tomato, And Basil Salad
This light, refreshing, and exceedingly tasty salad was inspired by my friend chef extraordinaire Geoffrey Zakarain.
- ½ red and/or yellow seedless watermelon (about 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 30 red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 small basil leaves (from the center of the sprig)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Coarse sea salt ad freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine the watermelon, tomatoes, and basil in a large serving bowl.
2. Place the vinegar in a small mixing bowl, whisk in the oil, add the mixture to the salad, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, and serve either chilled or at room temperature.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa