Fabulous Recipe: Poached Egg Brioche
This is one of my favorite brunch dishes. It's delicious accompanied by crispy chicken, pork, or veal sausages.
- 12 large eggs (or 24 small eggs)
- 12 brioche slices, lightly toasted
- 12 thin slices Canadian bacon or smoked ham
- 12 slices tomato (from 2 to 3 tomatoes)
- 12 thin slices red onion (from 1 medium onion)
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat broiler. Line 13- by 9-inch baking dish (or large rimmed baking dish) with aluminum foil.
2. Over high heat, bring large pot of water to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Crack 4 eggs, 1 at a time, into simmering water. Poach until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, carefully transfer to paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Poach remaining eggs, 4 at a time.
3. In baking dish, place 12 brioche slices. Top each with 1 slice Canadian bacon, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice onion, and 1 (or 2 if using small eggs) poached egg. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar and 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese. Broil until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle each egg with paprika and serve immediately. Can be prepared in advance and placed under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017