Fabulous Recipe No. 6
Smashed Potatoes with Caviar
Smashed Potatoes with Caviar recipe.
1 medium russet potato (washed but unpeeled)
2 tablespoons heavy cream, warmed
1 tablespoon butter Freshly ground white pepper to taste
4 tablespoons crème fraîche
8 ounces caviar (2 ounces per person)
Chives for garnish
1. Place the potato in a medium saucepan filled with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potato is easily pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. When the potato is done, drain and allow to cool. Then peel it, return it to the pot, and crush it with the tines of a large fork until it is finely textured and fluffy.
2. Warm the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir the warm cream and the butter into the potato. Season to taste with pepper.
3. Place equal amounts of the smashed potato in 4 small glass dishes and smooth the surface. Top each dish with one tablespoon crème fraîche, spreading it out to the edges of the dish to make a smooth, uniform layer. Place 2 ounces of caviar on top of each dish, garnish with chives, and serve immediately.
Note: The caviar should be taken from the refrigerator and placed on top of the potatoes and crème fraîche immediately before serving. Caviar is fragile and perishable, and should always be refrigerated unless it is vacuum packed.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017