Fabulous Recipe No 39
Originating in France and made popular by Lady Anna of Bedford, Madeleines are a decadent treat for elegant affairs. Consider serving this sweet treat at a spring outdoor wedding shower or afternoon tea.
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
Grated peel and juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup self-rising flour, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Lightly butter 2 Madeleine pans.
3. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Stir in the butter and the lemon peel and juice. Fold in the flour.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry. Fold the whites into the batter then spoon the mixture into the molds, filling them about 2/3 full. Bake the Madeleines for 20 minutes. Cool them in the pans for 2 minutes then remove them and cool completely, fluted side up, on a wire rack.
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017
- Spanish Seafood Paella