Fabulous Recipe No. 35
Recipe for Beef Goulash.
2 slices of bacon, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed Italian chili flakes or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
1 Beef bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup water (or one cup beef stock)
Salt and pepper to taste
Orzo, brown rice or egg noodles
Flat leaf parsley for garnish
1. Brown bacon over medium heat, remove and set aside. Drain all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat. Using the same pan, over medium heat, cook onion and bell pepper until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the meat and brown over medium heat for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Add bacon and stir together. Season with salt, cover and let sweat gently for several minutes. Add the tomatoes, wine, caraway seeds, paprika, black pepper, red pepper, and the bay leaves. Stir, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 cup beef bouillon or stock. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add additional stock as needed.
4. When meat is tender, skim any fat that may have surfaced. Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve over brown rice, orzo or cooked egg noodles. Garnish with flat leaf parsley.
Note: To thicken gravy, add cornstarch or if too thick add water or beef stock.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017