Fabulous Recipe No. 18
My Mother's Sausage Rolls
My Mother's Sausage Rolls recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground pork or veal
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked potato
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 17-ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the pork, onion, potato, parsley, sage, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Mix with a fork to combine.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip.
4. Unfold the puff pastry sheets and, following the fold marks, cut each sheet into three rectangles. Roll out slightly.
5. Pipe the sausage mixture along one long edge of each of the pastry rectangles. Paint the opposite edges with some of the beaten egg. Starting at the edge with the sausage mixture, roll up each rectangle, gently pressing the egg-painted edge to seal.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the rolls into slices about 1 1/2 inches thick. Arrange them on a broiler pan or a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet. Brush the slices with the remaining beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
7. Serve warm with the Worcestershire sauce on the side for dipping.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa