Fabulous Recipe: Bright Red Cabbage Coleslaw
This fresh recipe uses one of the season’s best vegetables to make a delicious side dish. My colorful red cabbage coleslaw with citrusy, thyme-scented dressing can be made ahead and packed for a picnic lunch in the country, on the beach, or in a friend’s backyard. Traditionally, coleslaw uses mayo, but this version is a lighter take on the BBQ side dish classic. It is so simple to make and will serve as a crisp component to the rest of the meal.
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and thyme. Pour on the dressing and toss well to combine.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017