Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds and Shaved Parmigiano
(Serves 6 )
- 1 3/4 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup slivered almonds, well toasted
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Reggiano Parmigiano
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts and slice as thinly as possible.
2. Toast the almonds in a dry pan till medium to dark brown.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss the sliced sprouts with the dressing, nuts and chives.
5. Sprinkle coarse salt on top for added flavor.