Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
There’s no need to get up at dawn to bake breakfast muffins. Just measure out all the dry ingredients the night before and place them in separate zip-topped bags. Liquids, too, can be measured, covered, and refrigerated. Pans can also be greased ahead, covered, and refrigerated, if butter is used for the greasing. In the morning, just toss the ingredients together and get ready for the fragrant pay-off!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup of fresh or frozen (do not thaw) blueberries
1. Preheat the over to 425 degrees.
2. Grease a muffin pan or line it with paper cups.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, beat the milk with the egg and butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Fold in the blueberries, then fill the muffin cups about two thirds full with the batter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned on top. Remove from the pan immediately. Serve warm.
Cheese: Reduce the sugar to 1 tablespoon and substitute ½ to ¾ cup of shredded Cheddar cheese for the blueberries.
Cornmeal: Substitute 1 cup of yellow cornmeal for 1 cup of the flour. Omit the raisins.
Whole Wheat: Substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose flour. Omit the raisins.
Nut: Add ½ cup of nuts in place of the blueberries.
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa
- 10 Rainbow Wedding Treats That Will Wow On Your Dessert Table
- Thanksgiving Desserts That Go Beyond Pumpkin Pie
- The 15 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends That Will Be Huge In 2017