Barbequed Lamb Kabobs With Yogurt Sauce
- 10 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun-style seasoning mix for meat
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- Yogurt Sauce
1. Prepare a charcoal fire. Soak the skewers in warm water for at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare the yogurt sauce and set aside.
3. Sprinkle the meat with the seasoning mix. Arrange in a dish, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Thread the lamb, peppers, and onion pieces alternately onto the skewers, using about 3 pieces of the lamb for each skewer.
4. Grill the kabobs over medium-hot coals until they are cooked to the desired doneness.
5. Place the kabobs on a platter and serve with the yogurt sauce.
Note: The yogurt sauce can be made 1 day ahead.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup fruit chutney
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, chutney, cumin, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa