Arugula Salad with Oranges and Grilled White Onions
You really can't go wrong when you plan a party around a barbeque. The smell of the food cooking and the informality create an easy, relaxed mood. And of course, anything cooked over an open flame always tastes great. To accompany dishes like grilled chicken or lamb kabobs, serve my salad of peppery arugula with grilled white onions and orange segments. Toss with a tart lime juice vinaigrette and finish with caraway seeds.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 onions, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon water
5 ounces mixed baby lettuces
4 ounces arugula leaves
3 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
1. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and toss them to coat with the oil. Carefully add the water and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the onions begin to turn brown on the edges. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large serving bowl, toss the lettuces and arugula with the dressing. Add the orange segments and the onions and toss again to combine. Sprinkle the salad with the caraway seeds.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa