Fabulous Recipe: Artichoke Canapés
Your husband, wife, boyfriend, or girlfriend calls from the office at 5:00 p.m. and says dinner guests are arriving at 700 p.m. What do you do? One of my favorite hors d’oeuvres was created for just such an impromptu event. Simply toast white bread until golden and use a cookie cutter to cut rounds the size of a half dollar. Top each with an artichoke heart and cover generously with a blend of mayonnaise, chopped shallots, and Parmesan cheese. When guests arrive, slip the canapés under the broiler and brown until golden and bubbly. I suggest keeping a well-stocked wine rack, so that you always have a bottle of wine on hand in case of an impromptu celebration. Milestone Wines Chardonnay pairs beautifully with this tasty hors d’oeuvres. Just uncork a bottle, pull your caapés out of the broiler and voilà- entertaining made easy.
- 4 slices of white bread, toasted, crusts removed, and quartered
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, about 7 ¾ ounces
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 3 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle Milestone Wines Chardonnay
- Preheat the broiler.
- With a 1 ½ - inch round cookie cutter, cut 4 to 5 circles out of each piece of toast.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into pieces (approximately 16 to 20 equal pieces).
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, shallots, and Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 artichoke piece on top of each toast round. Spoon or brush some of the mayonnaise mixture over the artichoke piece, covering it and the toast completely.
- Arrange the canapés on a baking sheet and run under the broiler until they are golden and bubbly. Serve hot.
- Keep The Party Going With These Buzz-Worthy Wedding Favors
- Bite Into The Season With These 6 Spring Inspired Wedding Desserts
- The Leprechaun-Approved List Of St. Patrick’s Signature Sips For Your Wedding
- These Red Velvet Desserts Will Melt Hearts At Your Wedding & V-Day Party
- These Mini Comfort Foods Are Changing The Wedding Game
- Festive Cocktails Not Suitable For Santa