Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
My wedding reception colors cranberry and dark gray. The tablecloths, chair covers and drapes are white. We are having six and eight foot tables in a room with very high ceilings. What color or floral designs should be used for the centerpieces?
First of all, I like the idea of bringing some pattern into the space. Go to a fabric store and find a fabulous linen with a cranberry pattern that you like. Fashion it into 16” wide runners and use them as the base of your centerpiece. Instead of a single centerpiece, I like the idea of using a series of different sized containers that compliment one another. Pack one with cranberry roses, another with dark red peonies, another with deep red carnations. Add small bowls of berries or plums and scatter the table with a variety of both pillar and votive candles.
- These Insane Floral Designs Are The Definition of Flower Power
- How To Perfect The Faux Fur Trend For That Warm Fuzzy Feeling At Home
- Save *Big* On Wedding Flowers With These In Season Bouquets
- 10 Gilded Wedding Touches For Brides Who Love A Touch Of Gold
- 10 Winter Wedding Centerpieces That Are Pure Magic
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey