Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
My wedding reception colors cranberry and dark gray. The tablecloths, chair covers and drapes are white. We are having six and eight foot tables in a room with very high ceilings. What color or floral designs should be used for the centerpieces?
First of all, I like the idea of bringing some pattern into the space. Go to a fabric store and find a fabulous linen with a cranberry pattern that you like. Fashion it into 16” wide runners and use them as the base of your centerpiece. Instead of a single centerpiece, I like the idea of using a series of different sized containers that compliment one another. Pack one with cranberry roses, another with dark red peonies, another with deep red carnations. Add small bowls of berries or plums and scatter the table with a variety of both pillar and votive candles.
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year