Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
My daughter is having a rustic-chic themed wedding in April. Her colors are navy blue, ivory and pink. We are using large wooden and metal lanterns as the centerpieces with the florist adding pink and ivory flowers around the base with accents of succulents. We also want to bring in burlap for a rustic feel. But we are unsure as to what color and style of linens, napkins, chargers, etc., to use to give it that rustic-chic look. We have yet to bring any navy blue into the mix, but don't know the best way to do that. Also, how many pillar candles should we use in the lanterns?
If the navy blue has not come naturally, don’t force it. Instead, stick with the burlap and add pink and ivory accents with the linens. I love the idea of the rustic with the feminine – it’s a good balance.
When it comes to candles, the more the merrier! Make sure your pillar candles are different heights – it makes it more interesting to the eye. Scatter some votive candles in between the centerpieces, as well.
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year