Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
I love sunflowers – do you have recommendations for decorating with them?
This is an easy flower to work with. They are hardy and do well in cold or heat - just make sure they are well hydrated. For table centerpieces I like to cut the stems very short and cluster them tightly together for a strong visual impact. It’s also a flower that I think performs best on its own, i.e. you don’t need to mix other varieties of flowers with it. For bar or buffet arrangements, leave the stems long and place them in tall glass or metal cylinders for a big impact of “smiling faces”.
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year
- 8 New Floral Ideas You Probably Haven't Thought Of Yet
- Extraordinary Weddings: Love In The Time Of Colonial Chic