Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
I love sunflowers – do you have recommendations for decorating with them?
This is an easy flower to work with. They are hardy and do well in cold or heat - just make sure they are well hydrated. For table centerpieces I like to cut the stems very short and cluster them tightly together for a strong visual impact. It’s also a flower that I think performs best on its own, i.e. you don’t need to mix other varieties of flowers with it. For bar or buffet arrangements, leave the stems long and place them in tall glass or metal cylinders for a big impact of “smiling faces”.
- 10 Gilded Wedding Touches For Brides Who Love A Touch Of Gold
- 10 Winter Wedding Centerpieces That Are Pure Magic
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding