Riverside Country Wedding
After literally bumping into each other in New York City, the bride and groom rekindled an old flame after five years. They were engaged on a tugboat that floated along Arthur Kill river and then up the Hudson River where friends and family joined them for sightseeing and celebrating.
The couple wed in a ceremony at Boscobel House and Gardens, a stunning plantation that was close to home, but felt lightyears away. Stunning mountains and a flowing river stood as the picturesque backdrop and served as the starting point for the relaxed, yet refined decor. Vintage wedding decorations were used throughout the reception, from classic Frank Sinatra tunes and love letters written in the early 1940s by the brides grandparents, to vintage love stories. To compliment the romantic and vintage charm, lait dahlias, lisianthus and hydrangea was mixed with astible and scabiosa pods.
The cocktail hour was held in a circular rose garden with live music, followed by a formal sit-down dinner before dancing and lawn games commenced. Instead of a traditional wedding cake, the bride and groom offered a dessert table so guests could mingle and choose their treats. A surprise firework show from the bride's father launched from the tugboat in the river beyond.
- Photographer: Michelle Jonne Photography
- Wedding Planner: Laura Remmert Events
- Flowers and Decor: Laura Remmert Events
- Catering: Main Course Catering
- Venue: Boscobel House and Gardens
- Wedding Dress: Lazaro
- Wedding Shoes: Oscar de la Renta
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Jim Hjelm
- Hair: Carolina Batista from Panicos
- Make-up: Laura Smith
- Groom’s Attire: Ted Baker
- Groomsmen: J. Crew
- Band: Vali Entertainment
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year