Real Wedding: Matt and Katie
After traveling across the country as producers of American Idol, Matt and Katie began dating and, five years later, were engaged in Ireland near Aran Islands. With the help of friends and family, Matt and Katie were wed in front of 130 guests at California's Flying Caballos Ranch in a no-fuss ceremony planned by Niki Martin and Jonnell Gailey of Events Redefined.
The pair has a knack for vintage elements, including old maps, postcards bottles and gold frames, all of which were included in the wedding decorations. Old church windows and columns were also rented and raised in the field behind Flying Caballos for an enchanted, rustic feel. Floral décorations, including succulents, English garden roses, anemones, crespedia, lavender, dahlia, hydrangea and lamb’s ear, were arranged by the bride’s loved ones the day before the wedding, saving on major costs!
As for the food and desserts, guests were served local cuisine, wine and beer from the surrounding area. Matt and Katie's humorous and whimsical personalities shined through in the delicious dessert selection: donuts!
- Venue: Flying Caballos
- Planners: Niki Martin and Jonnell Gailey of Events Redefined
- Photographer: Michael and Anna Costa Photography
- Ceremony Décor: Embellish Vintage Rentals
- Dessert: SLO Donut Company
- Catering: Trumpet Vine Catering
- Beer: BarrelHouse Brewing Company
- Wine: Edna Valley Vineyard
- Flowers: Panacea Flowery
- Dress: Elizabeth Dye
- Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Bridesmaids: J.Crew, For Her and For Him, Diane Von Furstenberg, Anthropologie
- Groom: Paul Smith
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year
- 8 New Floral Ideas You Probably Haven't Thought Of Yet
- Extraordinary Weddings: Love In The Time Of Colonial Chic