Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
How should I decorate the wedding cake table?
The table that displays the cake should be decorated beautifully. Use the same linens (or complementary ones) as on your dining tables, perhaps layering the cloths and pinning up sections with fresh flower corsages, or adding swags of tulle or lace. The table can also be strewn with rose petals or sprays of flowers. Arrangements of sugared fruits, such as champagne grapes, miniature pears, or cherries, give a beautiful look as well. On a large table, set a bottle of champagne in a gleaming silver ice bucket and add a grouping of champagne flutes. An heirloom cake knife tied with a satin bow is an elegant touch. A sturdy wheeled table is useful because it can be easily moved to the dance floor for the cake cutting. Like any focal point in the room, the cake table should be well illuminated.
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year