Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
I am having my wedding reception in a ballroom that has lower ceilings than I would have liked (9ft). Do you have any wedding design tips that will help transform the space without feeling small or claustrophobic?
Use mirrors or mirror runners on your tabletops. An inexpensive way to do this is to purchase back-of-door mirrors from IKEA. Remove the frames and lie them flat on the table to be used as a runner. You could also purchase mirrored tiles and alternate them on the table for a similar effect. Though it may seem counterintuitive, mixing taller arrangements in with low centerpieces is a great idea. The taller centerpieces will add some height to the room.
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year
- 8 New Floral Ideas You Probably Haven't Thought Of Yet
- Extraordinary Weddings: Love In The Time Of Colonial Chic