Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
I am planning a star-themed wedding, but the wedding is being held indoors. What ideas do you have to make it look spectacular as if I were getting married under the stars?
I would make sure there is a contrast between light and dark. Work with darker colored linen with a sheer overlay that has some bling or glitter in it. Use mirror elements, either mirrored tiles on the tabletops or mercury vases and votive holders. As much sparkle as you can get. After the dinner and just before the dancing starts, lower all the ceiling overhead lights and have a mirror ball, or several, come alive – you will feel like you are dancing among the stars!
- These Insane Floral Designs Are The Definition of Flower Power
- How To Perfect The Faux Fur Trend For That Warm Fuzzy Feeling At Home
- Save *Big* On Wedding Flowers With These In Season Bouquets
- 10 Gilded Wedding Touches For Brides Who Love A Touch Of Gold
- 10 Winter Wedding Centerpieces That Are Pure Magic
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey