Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
Do you have any tricks to keep bouquets from wilting (especially hydrangeas)? I put them in water after being made. They look beautiful during the wedding but by the end of the evening, they look terrible. What am I doing wrong?
You are not doing anything wrong – hydrangea means to hydrate. They never last long out of water. Perhaps you make a smaller second fresh bouquet that can be used as a tossing bouquet. If you are making a bouquet of mixed flowers, perhaps you use all fresh flowers, but silk for the hydrangea – no one will ever know!
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year