Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
Do you have any tricks to keep bouquets from wilting (especially hydrangeas)? I put them in water after being made. They look beautiful during the wedding but by the end of the evening, they look terrible. What am I doing wrong?
You are not doing anything wrong – hydrangea means to hydrate. They never last long out of water. Perhaps you make a smaller second fresh bouquet that can be used as a tossing bouquet. If you are making a bouquet of mixed flowers, perhaps you use all fresh flowers, but silk for the hydrangea – no one will ever know!
- These Insane Floral Designs Are The Definition of Flower Power
- How To Perfect The Faux Fur Trend For That Warm Fuzzy Feeling At Home
- Save *Big* On Wedding Flowers With These In Season Bouquets
- 10 Gilded Wedding Touches For Brides Who Love A Touch Of Gold
- 10 Winter Wedding Centerpieces That Are Pure Magic
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey