Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
Our daughter is getting married June 1, 2013. I would appreciate your thoughts on décor and centerpieces, as most décor must be non-floral due to her allergies. Budget is a concern so it will have to be DIY. The theme she has chosen is vintage, and the colors are blue, yellow and grey (more bright than dark). Thank you.
Since you have lots of time, start by visiting thrift stores or flea markets and collect cake pedestals, blue and white porcelain bowls (does not matter if they are chipped--they’ll be less expensive and have lots of character). It doesn’t matter if they are large or small. If they are small, you might want to cluster three (multiples work best with odd numbers) on a table.
Fill the containers with fruits and bunches of grapes. The yellow element could be from accenting with a single flower type that she is not allergic to, or choose napkins or linens in a sunny hue. And, if it’s a nighttime affair, make sure to incorporate votive or pillar candles in your tablescapes for a romantic and vintage-looking glow.
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year
- 8 New Floral Ideas You Probably Haven't Thought Of Yet
- Extraordinary Weddings: Love In The Time Of Colonial Chic