Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
Colin Cowie Celebrations
We are planning an early afternoon wedding and a lunch reception. Do you have any ideas for an inexpensive, casual outdoor lunch reception?
A cluster of tables all with umbrellas to give you some shade and protection from the elements while still embracing the lovely weather. Go for a garden theme and use planted centerpieces with vines and floral garlands wrapped around the umbrella pole. Use a light and bright color scheme of lime green and white with yellow accents to keep the reception fresh and fun. Serve elevated picnic food, like seasonal salads and gourmet sandwiches, family-style. For beverages, present juices and flavored iced tea in beverage servers so guests can help themselves. You could also mix up a refreshing cocktail or light sangria and serve it in a beverage server, as well. Fill galvanized steel buckets with ice to present chilled beer and sparkling wine.
- These Insane Floral Designs Are The Definition of Flower Power
- How To Perfect The Faux Fur Trend For That Warm Fuzzy Feeling At Home
- Save *Big* On Wedding Flowers With These In Season Bouquets
- 10 Gilded Wedding Touches For Brides Who Love A Touch Of Gold
- 10 Winter Wedding Centerpieces That Are Pure Magic
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey