Ask Colin: Flowers & Décor
I am having my wedding on a pier in Charleston, SC in May. My dress is a light ivory and I was thinking of peonies as my bouquet, but I am having a hard time choosing a color to accent with. Because it is outdoors, surrounded by water and will be close to sunset I wanted to accent in something that would play off the water. Is silver appropriate for May and would it go with the flowers or should I change that too? It is a small wedding of 60 people and I am looking for simple, classy and elegant. Would love any advice. Thank you!
Stay with your theme. You don’t need a primary color, why not keep it silver and white? Since it’s a sunset wedding, silver, white and gray will showcase the changing of the light from daytime chic to nighttime elegance. Make sure to use lots of candles in hurricanes for that magical moment when the sun sets and the candles come alive, bathing everyone in soft romantic light.
- Thanksgiving Table Décor That’s Even More Delicious Than The Turkey
- 11 Ways To Make Your Ceremony Aisle A Walk To Remember
- Ultra-Chic La Dolce Vita Inspired Wedding
- 10 Gorg Ways To Bring The Organic Craze Into Your Wedding
- The 13 Loveliest Lavender Wedding Details
- This Is The Biggest Wedding Trend Of The Year