10 Centerpiece Ideas for the Budget Conscious Bride
There are so many ways to create beautiful centerpieces on a budget.
Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
1. Since a large vase takes a huge amount of cut flowers, use three to four small vases instead, packed tightly with full-blown blooms. This gives you that lush look, while using relatively few flowers. Intersperse the vases with a few candles in mismatched glass or silver candleholders, or little votive candles.
2. Look for interesting floral containers from unique sources: Ikea, flea markets, garage sales, wholesale floral markets, Etsy, thrift stores or maybe even eBay. Start collecting well in advance so you have plenty of time to select the best pieces at the lowest prices.
3. Use gorgeous, fresh fruit in your centerpieces, such as clusters of grapes, bright oranges, apples, or pomegranates. The fruit takes up space, allowing you to use fewer flowers.
4. Mix just a few large, expensive, full-blown roses in each arrangement of less-expensive blooms to create a lavish look.
5. To add a little glitz to your table, spray paint apples, artichokes or pears (we prefer white for the warm summertime months and gold for the holidays), then place them in a bowl or cylindrical vase, or simply scatter them on their own down the table.